Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reflections (by Pam Smith)

To think God called me to go on a mission trip to Africia is still so hard to believe. I feel so inadequate to do such a work for my Lord and Savior, but he called and I answered yes Lord I will go and what an amazing experience. To know that people still live in the simplist way and are ok with it..... Americans sure could use a little simplicity these days. The people of Kenya live each day not knowing what it holds but not really dwelling on it either. I went thinking we were taking something to them but found out they gave something more to me.

The Sunday we went to Baptist Chapel for services there was no doubt that they came to worship. They were seeking the Holy Spirit and it was evident in everything from the singing, to the preaching, and the kid who recited the books of the Bible along with Scripture. They worshipped so freely. I don't ever want to forget that worship service but I want to remember it every Sunday so that I will seek the Holy Spirit and worship without any reserve just as they worshipped. The children where so eager to come up to us and shake our hands and give a big beautiful smile. It seemed they only wanted to know you saw them. I will never think of "How are you" the same way again. The kids would run beside the van screaming "how are you" and we enjoyed waving at them as they ran beside the vans laughing and smiling. The children just wanted to be loved and it was very easy to love them. It was an awesome feeling seeing the moving of the Holy Spirit at the Crusades. I will not forget the feeling I had seeing an elderly lady walk down and except Christ as her Savior the second night of the Crusade or the young lady who prayed the sinners prayer while holding her 3 week old baby when we visited her during the street ministry. It was a great reminder of what a Big God we serve. The safari only finalized that truth. Looking out over the Serengity for miles and miles and seeing the beauty God created and the animals roaming free in their natural habitat. It was breath taking. It just shows that we are all a part of God's wonderful plan.

As I close on my final reflections I just want to say Thank You to Daryl for the great job he did in planning and keeping us on track and to Kim for an amazing job she did getting VBS together. How she packed those duffles and knew exactly what she packed where I will never know, but you did a great job. Thanks to everyone on our team. It was great sharing this experience with you and I will cherish the friendship I found in each one of you. God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment