Monday, July 20, 2009

Reflections (by Lori Denton)

Well it feels good to be home again back with my husband and kids. However, my heart doesn't feel the same. I am so blessed to experience Africa and its people. I know that God made the way for me to go. He met my needs again and again. There were so many who were led to give. I never dreamed God would work the way he did. It felt good to be with people you had never met but made you feel so loved. The kids were so grateful and caring. They knew no prejudice. It seemed to be just the way God would want it to be. Each child just wanted a hug or a touch. They just wanted to love on you. The crusades were awesome. We got to experience a worship that is a little different from our own. These people danced and sang before the Lord ( I was always reminded of David and how he danced before the Lord). It was inspiring to see people with so little worshipping. We often think that our church needs this or we have to have that, but the fact is things don't bring us closer to God. We actually need very little to worship, just a right heart. It was awesome. to see so many come to Christ at the crusades, and during the evangelism visits. God was hard at work again. The people during the evangelism visits were so kind and open to hearing God's word. It seemed as though they Thirsted for it. I had really expected the worst with the orphanage, but was delighted to see that the children had a nice place with lots of volunteers. It was still sad to imagine all those kids without a family, but the Lord was meeting their needs. He is also supplying volunteers to love on them daily. We serve a great God. The safari was wonderful. It was a reminder of God's awesome creation. Someone made the comment about how no one was sick on the safari. They said they guessed satan didn't care if we did that or not. I guess they are right. A safari doesn't have eternal value. He worked us over during the days of our service. I even faced many struggles before the trip even started, but God stayed close by my side. He put me exactly where I needed to be. I met and made wonderful friends in Africa. I feel blessed that God let me be a part of his plan. I pray that you will continue to pray that the Lord will bless these people and prosper them. I pray that more will come to Christ and God will get all the glory. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I love you all. Thank you to Pastor Wambua and all the people who took care of us and let us be a part of their lives. Hope to see you again soon.
Love, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment